Who dares to teach must never cease to learn. -John Cotton Dana

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." - John Cotton Dana

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

C4K

C4K #1
For the first C4K assignment , I had a precious kid named Mai. Mai is in the 6th grade and located in Comox Valley on Vancouver Island. I absolutely love the title of Mai's blog, A Flower's Pedals, where each pedal has something to blog. I think that title is so creative and definitely not something I would have thought of! Mai's post I chose to comment on is titled, "Peetri My Puggy!" Peetri is Mai's dog, that happens to be a pug. Peetri is about 2 months old. Mai claimed she had always dreamed of having a pug and finally got one. She continues throughout her post describing Peetri. I thought it was funny when she said, "He loves to eat but faces the consequence of working out on my treadmill."  


I commented on Mai's post by first introducing myself and letting her know I am a student at The University of South Alabama. Then, I told Mai about my nephew named Presley. Presley is a male Pekingese owned by  my sister. When he was a puppy, the fur on his head reminded us of Elvis's hair, hence the name Presley. I told Mai I hope to get one of my own as soon as I graduate and have my own place. I also told Mai to keep up the good work on her blog. Go comment on Mai's Blog! She loves hearing from "college students" and responds quickly! 
Image of a Pekingese puppy
Pekingese


C4K #2
A boy named Shalom is the second student I was assigned. Shalom is a year 4 student in Room 13 at Pt England School in Auckland, NZ. I am definitely jealous Shalom lives in New Zealand; I have always dreamed of traveling there. The photos I have seen are just breath taking! Anways, back to my assignment... Shalom's post I commented on was titled, "How I feel about getting a Netbook." Shalom begins by saying he is not excited about getting a Netbook, but then he says he is only joking. However, Shalom is not excited that he can't take the Netbook home. (Short and sweet, huh?)


I commented on this post by letting Shalom know I have no experience with a Netbook, but that it sounds like a lot of fun. I encouraged Shalom to make a new post after working with his and maybe I can learn something from it. I also told him I really like the stars background on his blog! To my knowledge, Shalom still has not responded to my comment or made any new posts about the Netbook. 
Image of New Zealand
A beautiful picture of New Zealand!


C4K #3
The third student I interacted with is hc2011. She is in Mr. Stephen Wolfe's 4th grade class, which happens to be in Birmingham, AL. How neat!! I like how these students are not giving out their names. I know if I were a parent, I would feel better about giving my child permission to blog knowing their identity was safe. In hc2011's blog post, she says how she loves tie dye! She wishes to learn how to make it because she loves all of the different colors.

I commented by telling her I think tye die it is a great way for kids to be creative and experiment with the different colors. I have tie dyed a few shirts and a set of sheets in my life, and picking out a design and choosing the colors are the funnest parts! Hc2011 responded by saying she and her teacher are looking for a tie dye kit and instructions so that maybe the whole class can try it together. 


tie dye t-shirt
Tie Dye!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment