Who dares to teach must never cease to learn. -John Cotton Dana

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." - John Cotton Dana

Friday, February 25, 2011

Project #10-Personal Learning Network (PLN or PLE)

The make-ups of a Personal Learning Network
I guess it has taken me awhile to figure out exactly what a PLN  is; however, I have came to learn that it is anything or anyone that enables me to learn. I really like the idea of being able to connect with people from all over the world and developing the skills to maintain my PLN after EDM310. I created an account on Symbaloo and have found it to be very useful. Symbaloo allows for a really cool way to keep things organized, which is great because I am a bit of an organizing-freak. (You should see my closet.) I like having everything I access on one page, and I like that I can move things around and add more websites. I have also learned that I really enjoy blogging. I guess I never really knew how big the world of blogging was until I enrolled in this class. I think it is a wonderful way for educators to share different information, opinions, ideas, resources, feedback, videos, stories, experiences, ...etc. I have found myself searching blogs and YouTube looking for things I can learn from and share with others in the hopes they will too. Twitter is also something that is growing on me. To begin with, I did not understand it so it was very frustrating and not something I wanted to fool with. Now, I have learned that if you follow the right people, it can be very beneficial. I have read some of the most interesting things posted to Twitter by other educators. It is also a great way to ask questions and get quick answers from some very intellectual people from all over the world. My snowball is rolling, and I am gradually learning more about my PLN and expanding it.

These 2 websites have a lot of information about how to begin creating a PLN that I found very helpful.
Creating a PLN with Web 2.0 Tools
PLN: Your Personal Learning Network Made Easy

This next website is pretty cool. It is a PLN for educators. Blog posts, EdChat tweets, podcasts, videos, websites, groups, and an online chat are all available. (Great resources all found in one spot!)
The Educator's PLN

No comments:

Post a Comment