Who dares to teach must never cease to learn. -John Cotton Dana

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." - John Cotton Dana

Sunday, April 24, 2011

C4K

C4K #7
Spring Break logo
I visited Mr. McClung's World this week. Under the categories section, I was assigned Lessons Learned: One - Spring Break. I have concluded that the Lessons Learned category is more like Mr. McClung's newsletter for the day. He lets you know what's going on in class, things coming up, and so on. The last day of school before Spring Break, Mr. McClung announced that while his students are out fulfilling their exciting Spring Break plans,  he will be home working on homework for graduate school. 

While my friends were heading to the beach for Spring Break, I went home to work on school work as well. I told Mr. McClung that I like to think I'll have a life again some day. I did feel better once my work was complete knowing I did not procrastinate. I wished Mr. McClung and his class a safe and fun break!

C4K #8
UkuleleFor this C4K, I traveled to Ms. Pike’s Year 6 class blog at Epping Heights in Sydney, Australia. The blog was titled, "The Unicorn Blog." The student's name was Ned. The post I viewed by Ned was, "Ukulele Chords." Here, Ned shows us several different chords on the ukulele, then he plays a song. 

I commented and told Ned that I think he is a very talented young man, and thanked him for sharing it. I also watched his first video post, which also involved the ukulele and I think it was very creative how he made a song to tell about the rainforest. I hope to have students like him in my future classroom.

C4K #9
Father on computer with his sonSo this week, we finally got to interact with the infamous Mrs. Yollis's Classroom Blog. Her class blog is very structured and provides so much information. Meet Mrs. Yollis and her class bloggers. View Mrs. Yollis's video of how to comment.  I believe that video has helped not only myself, but many others around the world. She teaches you how to make your comments meaningful and have "quality." Learn html code is also one that has come in handy for we EDM310 students. It amazes me how quick these 3rd graders catch on. Of all the blogs I've viewed, Mrs. Yollis also incorporates family in a whole different way by dedicating a whole month to them, "Family Blogging Month." Even though I have seen that many of the parents comment fairly often anyways, I love that they are involved so heavily. What child doesn't want to impress their parents and have their parents praise their child's hard work? 

We viewed the post, "Quality Commenting During Family Blogging Month!" Here, the class had posted many different examples of quality comments from parents and students. I told Mrs. Yollis that her class  blog is awesome. She is an inspiration to me and I cannot wait to use some of her wonderful ideas in my future classroom. I have visited Mrs. Yollis's class blog many times in my learning of HTML. I also admire how she has involved the families of the students. To the students, I said that I love their quality comments. Blogging is such a wonderful way to improve writing skills and it must be very motivating to know anyone around the world can see and view your work. Also, being chocolate is my best friend, I absolutely loved the Hershey post.

C4K #10
Rose Bowl LogoThe student's blog I commented on was Jaden, and his blog is titled, "Jaden's Awesome Blog." I read all of Jaden's post and decided to travel back in time to comment on his post, "97th Rose Bowl: My 1st Rose Bowl." In this post, Jaden tell about going to the Rose Bowl with his dad to watch Wisconsin play TCU. He gives us a run-down of the game, where TCU wins 21-13. Jaden posted a few pictures of his experience and concluded with a few questions including, "Have you ever been to a college football game? Have you ever been to a college bowl game? Have you ever been to the Rose Bowl? Have you ever been to any other type of football game? Who was playing? Who won?"

I told Jaden that I am an Alabama Crimson Tide fan and have been to several college football games, but no bowl games. There was a lot more detail in my comment, but that was the gist. I applauded him for having a blog mascot! I think that was the coolest idea. Everyone needs someone to work with and cheer you on. I also asked Jaden if he had considered a career in Broadcast Journalism. I noticed that Jaden made several posts about football games or basketball games, and he done a wonderful job of breaking the game down and communicating it. He was be a great sports reporter!

No comments:

Post a Comment