Who dares to teach must never cease to learn. -John Cotton Dana

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." - John Cotton Dana

Saturday, March 26, 2011

C4K

C4K #4
a stack of pancakes
So, I once again got to work with a student from Pt. England School in Auckland, New Zealand. This student's name is Sione, and he is a year 8 student at Pt. England. Sione is in Mr. Mike Harris's Room 19. 

The post I commented on was titled, "My Usual Mornings." This post basically tells about a typical morning for Sione. He says, "As I woke-up with my head dangling on the side of my bed, I heard my Mum ''Roaring'' across the hall-way ''Sione GET UP YOU HAVE SCHOOL TODAY'' as I draged myself out of bed to go wash my face and brush my teeth, looking outside to check the weather, I said to myself ''It's going to be a really hot day today'' as I entered my bathroom half a sleep I dipped my face in freezing water then I was wide-awake. Later after that I walked into the kitchen smelling pancakes almost thinking I was in a pancake shop I dashed to the plate cupboard and then zoomed to the oven for some pancakes I chomped and munched on each pancake it was like heaven on earth soon after that I packed my lunch."

Yes, I realize that post is nearly an entire run-on sentence; however, I liked the story. I left Sione a comment stating that I really like this post because of the verbs he chose to use. "Zoomed" and "dashed" were great choices. I like "chomped" too! He also used a great simile, "each pancake was like heaven on earth." I can just picture how amazing they were!


C4K #5
A picture Somoa drew of herself swimming
The next student also attends, Pt. England School in Auckland, New Zealand. This blog is combined of 3 classes of 5 year olds, which is year 1 students. Impressive, right? The teachers at Pt. England are on their game! The student I interacted with is named Somoa, and her post was titled, "Splash!" Somoa dictated to her teacher that she likes swimming in the pool.


I commented on the post by telling Somoa I like swimming in the pool, too! I also told her how much I liked her picture she had drawn.



C4K #6
The next class I worked with is located in Tauranga, New Zealand. (Another class from New Zealand? Yes, indeed!) Rochelle Jenson's class contains years 5 and 6 students.  The first post I made a contribution to is titled, "Exploring Innovation." In this post, they had box where anyone can submit keywords related to innovation. I submitted, "improving."


Crumbling buildings as a result of the Christchurch Earthquake
The second post was titled, "Christchurch Earthquake." The students listed some faces about the earthquake. "The earthquake struck on Tuesday 22nd February. It was magnitude 6.3 and struck at a depth of 5km, 10km south-east of Christchurch CBD. It was shallower and closer to Christchurch than the 7.1 magnitude quake on September 4. The quake has caused devastation. Emergency services are reporting multiple fatalities, serious injuries and extensive structural damage to buildings."


I left a comment saying I had no idea this earthquake had even occurred. I have never personally experienced an earthquake and don't want to. I cannot imagine the devastation they cause. I plan to keep the victims of this earthquake in my prayers along with the victims of the Japan earthquake and tsunami. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment